Monday 30 September 2013

Exfoliating - Michael Todd - Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub

So I have a new love in my little skin care world.
My best friend Suzy has introduced me to a brand that I had not heard of before and following her rave reviews both verbally and within the blogosphere (here) I have been completely drawn in and I have spent an absolute fortune.
I figured that there would be little point in only trying one aspect of the Michael Todd range, when, upon perusing their products, I wanted to try everything. Check the website out yourself here. I feel that it is hard not to be drawn in.
I had debated buying the toner following Suzy's review and our initial conversation about the product back in August when we were away for the weekend. After sifting through the website, I felt that I should give one of the sets a go and I purchased the complete normal/combination skin care regimen. This was and at present, can be purchased for half price on the website and it seemed silly not to take advantage of this. (I am also always swayed by sales.. anyone else have that problem?)
I have also purchased a fair few other products (I ended up placing two separate orders, due to forgetting one item and finding others I then wanted) and I will review these at some point I am sure. At the moment, my focus is my favourite stand out product of this set so far. 


Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub

This exfoliant is amazing. It smells amazing, leaves my skin feeling amazing and generally, I just can't wait to use this each time. Today, I accidentally exfoliated, before I had cleansed because I got so excited about using this again.
The product is described on the website as follows;
"Naturally fruity refreshing skin treatment that uses the power of Papaya and Pineapple Enzymes as a mild non-irritating exfoliant to remove dead skin, impurities and toxins without irritation caused by scrubbing. Exfoliates, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils."
I have only been using this for just over a week, but I already love it. It smells like Starburst (the sweets) which I love. It's so fruity and fresh.
The texture is also something that I love. It's very gentle and it doesn't irritate the skin at all. Compared with the Daily microdermabrasion exfoliant from St Ives that I reviewed here, this one is so soft. The St Ives scrub is much more coarse. My skin feels healthy, soft and strangely moisturised after using this product.
I am having some trouble with (what I believe to be) cystic acne at the moment around my chin and this is helping greatly. It's a welcome addition to my routine and I am just sad that there will come a time when I eventually run out - and I will have to repurchase. The only reason that I am sad is because it has to come from America and I can't just pop to Boots for it to repurchase. Not really a hassle, given that it will be delivered to my door.
This retails on it's own for $18 and can be purchased here. It can also be purchased in the set  that I got for $75 (currently down from $150 -  half price on their special offer!!) I would most definitely recommend and I will certainly repurchase this aspect of the set above.
Have you tried this product? What did you think?
Hope you have enjoyed reading.
LL x

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please tweet me (@cutelil_b_blog) when you publish the post! Here's my post: http://thecutelittlebeautyblog.wordpress.com/2013/09/28/the-liebster-award/ XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have already done a Leibster Award post - check out my earlier blog if you'd like to read! :) LL x

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know whether you enjoyed my post. I love reading comments and reply to them all.

Thanks

LL x