Monday 2 September 2013

Real Techniques - Core Collection

I am sure you have all heard of the Real Techniques make up brushes, created by Sam Chapman, one half of the lovely Pixiwoo, my YouTube No.1.

I must say, I adore Pixiwoo. I watch all of the videos and I talk about Sam and Nic as though I know them personally - sad I know. I think this is because I have spent so much time watching and learning from them. They obviously do not know me and we are not friends - this is sad.

I have gotten side tracked already.  


Following watching the Pixiwoo youtube videos, I (along with thousands of others) discovered that Sam was working with Real Techniques to create make up brushes. And what a fantastic job she has done. 

My Collection

So, I have a number of the Real Techniques sets and brushes.
I have purchased the Core and Starter sets and I have the Stippling Brush and Blush Brush!!
 I love all of them. I  really feel that that is enough to say, but obviously, you will all want more details.

This blog is 1 of 3 in a little  mini series this next few days. 

This blog will focus soley on the core collection and my two little extras, the Blush brush and the Stippling brush. Essentially, the face brushes.

Core


The Core set comes complete with 4 brushes, all with lovely orange/bronze sheened handles. This also comes with a case to store and display them in. (I also use the case for drying my brushes when I have washed them all. I don't know whether you are supposed to do this, or whether it was designed with this is mind, but I think that this is the best way to ensure that the water drips from the brushes. More about this below.. ). 

I purchased the set from Boots, well my lovely fiancĂ© treated me. He's a sweetie! They were £20.99 at the time.

- Buffing Brush
- Contour Brush
- Detailer Brush
- Pointed Foundation Brush

I use 3 of the 4 brushes daily. 

The Buffing brush is perfect for working any liquid foundation into my skin. The brush itself is the BEST foundation brush that I have used - I also occasionally use the stippling brush for this and that is a pretty close second). The buffing brush shaping, design and texture are all lovely. I really enjoy using this. 

The Pointed Foundation Brush is perfect for applying concealer. I assume that this was not the original purpose of the product, given that the word 'foundation' is in the title, but even so, I do feel that this is the perfect size for the occasions when applying concealer requires precision and the use of a brush (i.e nights out etc..). This brush is lovely for that, it's flat and it allows you to cover areas well. I especially like this for around the eyes.

The Contour brush, I have been using for applying bronzer and blush, but I have just made a new purchase of the blush brush and this is now used for my bronzer). This is lovely and soft. It is really fluffy and picks up product so well. It literally seems to know (I now this is impossible) how much product you will need. and it blends beautifully.

The Detailer Brush is small and I have on occasion used this to cover smaller areas with concealer, but I am not really a fan of this one. It is a little too small for me to find a good use for. If any of you love it and have suggestions on my uses for it, I would be most grateful!

I have two additional brushes, that are very recent purchases - I have had them about a week now. I purchased these whilst the buy one get one half price offer has been on at Boots. I could hardly leave them there.

The Stippling Brush is lovely. I like the size and shape and it feels very similar to the Duo Fibre brush collection that Real Techniques have released. I haven't purchased these, but they are super soft! I have used this for applying my foundation over the last week and it is lovely. It worked into the skin well and it provided a lovely level of coverage. I do really like this, however the Buffing brush is still my preferred one. You can never have too many foundation brushes though..
Finally for this review today, I have the Blush Brush. This is my new favourite Real Techniques brush. It is just lovely. It's SO soft and just does the job its designed for beautifully. I have been loving this for applying my blush each day since I purchased and I have nothing bad to say about this. The brush collects just the right amount of product (similar to the Contour brush in fact) and it almost dusts the face with pink! It gives that healthy well balanced glow, without applying too much product to any specific area. I really do enjoy using this and it is so soft, that I do find myself just sweeping my face with this, unnecessarily! (too much info... haha!)

I must say that to date, none of the brushes have lost bristles. I have had no stray bristles strewn across my face during or following application and I have nothing but good things to say about these brushes.

I would strongly recommend that EVERYONE purchase these! It should be the law!

Let me know what you guys think and stay tuned for more on make up brushes in part 2, to be uploaded in the coming days!

Also - How many of you are excited to get your hands on the new Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge? Once I have it, I am sure that there will be a review on here!!

Hope you've enjoyed reading.

LL x





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know whether you enjoyed my post. I love reading comments and reply to them all.

Thanks

LL x