Thursday 24 October 2013

Mascara - Bourjois Twist up the Volume Mascara

I was trailing the aisles of Boots recently (a too frequent occurrence!)- with no intent of making purchases, when this little novelty caught my eye.

As you all will know, if you have read my other posts - I LOVE mascara - an obsession initially started as a result of my lovely friend Suzy.. (not all her fault however.. haha). This was at a time when Bourjois was on offer, for the introductory price of £6.99 and I therefore treated myself and justified the purchase this way. I am always too ready to justify make up purchases with absurd excuses! Typical woman - typical make up addict - ha!

Packaging

So, this mascara does look strange - basically, there are 2 styles of wand in one. The wand is changed by twisting the white tip - producing two separate looks. 
  1. Long thin wand (1) - lengthened and defined lashes
  2. Short thicker wand (2) - well coated and volumised lashes.
The functioning of the packaging is handy and I think that the packaging is very sleek. It's monochrome and well, I just like it. The handle of the wand it thicker than some other mascara tubes, but I really like this one, it's comfortable to hold and you can manoeuvre this easily to get a good application.
 
The wand can be changed in or out of the tube, there's no issue with that.

Everything else..

Now, those of you who have read my previous posts, will know that I prefer volumising lashes - I like my lashes to look longer and thicker and be visible. Saying that, I don't like eyelashes that weight 2lbs extra because they are coated and matted together.. I don't think that's my look.
 
I have tried both ways and I applied this to my eyes, one with wand (1) and one with wand (2). This is just me, but I didn't notice any massive difference. I think that the product is applied much more thicker with the wand (2), but there is still no clumping - no issue of 'short' looking lashes or any other troublesome issues.
 
That being said, my one gripe with wand (1) is that it's very hard to apply to the bottom lashes, because the wand is quite long at around 3ish cm - (the whole width of my eye) and I just don't feel that it gives a particularly precise coverage. Wand (2) reduces by about 1cm in length when twisted.
 
The product is good. I do like it and I am sure that there are many that love it. I do use this a couple of times a week. However, that being said, it's not my favourite mascara. I don't think that I would repurchase as this offers nothing extra, that my other mascaras can offer. I continually go back to my Rocket Volum' by Maybelline, which is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE! This is more of a novelty at the moment I feel.
 
If you do want to try it - pick it up from Boots, whilst it is still on the introductory offer here.
 
Have you tried this or would you consider purchasing?
 
Let me know what you guys think!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
LL x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know whether you enjoyed my post. I love reading comments and reply to them all.

Thanks

LL x